Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shop Your Closet Challenge: red and pink

Thanks for the feedback- for those who commented on Saturdays post. This is what I have decided to do... On Saturdays we will be doing a "Shop Your Closet" challenge. I will announce the challenge each Saturday, then the next week you can link up if you participated and see what I did for my outfit. You can link up a blog post, Flickr photo, Facebook photo, etc. Or if you don't participate in any of those things, just leave a comment about how it went for you. A challenge is what I wanted to do in the first place, but's kind of scary to start something like this... I could be all alone every week. But oh well, it will still help me to be creative.

I will still do What I Wore Wednesdays and occasionally post things I find interesting about clothes and style, because that is one of the best ways I know how to be creative everyday and that is what this blog is about (and that is one long run on sentence!).

I will still do jewelry and knock-off tutorials as often as I can.

I want to start the challenge this week so I am going to announce it today, although from here on out it will be on Saturdays. If you have a suggestion for a challenge, please leave it in the comments.

This week the challenge will be to wear pink and red together.
I don't want to look like Valentine's Day, and want to be summery. Obviously, the point is to try to wear an outfit that you have never worn before, using pieces from your closet.

Here are some links for inspiration:

Jessica at What I Wore pink and red in a color blocking way with white to break it up HERE.
You can see Jessica again HERE with a dress and a coat in these hues.

I found THIS POST with tips on mixing red and pink, oh and THIS ONE too.

Anyone going to try it out?

 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger