Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shop Your Closet: Color Blocking

Shop Your Closet is a feature where I find some inspiration and then go shopping in my closet to recreate it. This way I am exercising my creativity without spending any money.


I feel a little behind. I didn't know that color blocking was such a big trend this season until just recently. In fact, I may have missed it already and not even know. It all started when I saw this picture at Saucy Glossie and loved the bright colors.

As I read more, I found out that I had been living under a rock. I don't claim to be any sort of "fashionista" or expert, but for someone who spends a bit of time reading fashion blogs I can't believe I missed it.


If you need more info too, here is a video from Stacey London on the Today Show, a tutorial from My Style Pill, and another video from Stylelist.

I don't really have any solid color bottoms. I have some hot pink pants, but they don't fit anymore. The only solid skirts I have are black and white. So I followed the "level 1" advice from these sites to use two bright colors and some neutrals. I may not be Gucci level color-blocked, but it's good enough for LDS girls from Utah color-blocked!

I also realized that I have already worn the blazer and the yellow shirt on Shop Your Closet. I guess that means I truly am shopping my closet!

Feel free to link up any outfits or inspiration that you may have for us! Maybe you will inspire me to continue to shop in my closet!

blog 50 dpi




 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger