Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Refashion #11 Flowers on the Collar

When the Shade clothing company was having their going out of business sale, I got this shirt for $3. I tried it on over my clothes at this big warehouse sale where the mirror was at an angle. It was a little wide, but I thought a belt would do the trick.

Little did I know, it looked like a tent on me. The shoulders made me look like a football player. Yuck. Something had to be done.

My mom helped me remove the sleeves and I used the fabric to make flowers to adorn the neck.

I used 4 templates of a variety of sizes to cut the circles. The largest is about 2 inches.


Cut the circles out of the fabric.


Fold a circle in half three times and cut off the corners. Make them nice and rounded and even.




When you open it up it it will look like a flower.



Repeat for all sizes of circles.


Stack the flowers, largest to smallest. For the large flowers I used all four and for the small ones I used the smallest three sizes.


Stitch each flower onto the collar of the shirt, sewing a pearl bead to the center. I alternated the large flowers with the small flowers.



It needs a good ironing, but it's a brand new shirt!


For winter I can wear a long sleeve white t-shirt underneath, and when it gets warm again I will switch to a short sleeved shirt.



A belt at the waist gives the shirt some shape.


Bad hair day!


I also like it with my favorite blue cardi.


Do you have anything in your closet that doesn't fit well? Could you make a simple change like this so that you'll wear it again?

 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger