Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My 30 for 30 picks

I have decided to participate in the 30 for 30 style challenge with Kendi. I hope it will help me to be more creative, more minimalist, and follow the shopping rules and save money.

You can read the full rules here, but basically, I have chosen 30 items from my closet and will use accessories to make 30 outfits for 30 days beginning February 1.

Here is what I will be working with:

SHIRTS

From left to right: Plain black tee from Old Navy, Coldwater Creek sweater, (green sweater and blue striped tee have been replaced, see below), white rhinestone blouse from Charlotte-Russe, gray top from DownEast Basics.

I made a couple of last minute switches.

I switched this green sweater for this polka-dot blouse (both are hand-me-downs from my SIL)

I switched the Wet Seal tee for the green one from Target.


BUTTON-UPS
White blouse from Express, Red blouse from some cheap store in Montana, floral from F21.

SWEATERS AND JACKETS
Gray Wet Seal jacket, black cardi from Ross, my favorite blue cardi, gray cardi from Target, stripes from F21, and Target mustard sweater.

SLEEVELESS LAYERING SHIRTS
Cream lace from Kohl's, Shade shirt altered by me, purple blouse from ????

SKIRTS
Black and white made by Mom, yellow floral purchased at BYU bookstore, green skirt from JC Penney.

PANTS

Old Navy skinny jeans, Aeropostale skinnies, tan Dickies, and gray dress pants from Maurices.

SHOES
Black boots from Target, Brown Steve Maddens, Gray F21, gold flats from Forever Young Shoes, and gray flats from Ross.

I chose my favorite items of clothing, then some that I don't wear very often in an attempt to mix them in and get some use out of them. I picked all neutral shoes. If I do this again in the summer I will add colorful shoes, but for now I think this is the safest choice.

DISCLAIMER: I will be following the 30 for 30 rules posted by Kendi UNLESS I finish my next refashion project. If that happens I will be doing 31 for 30.

Also, I probably won't be posting my outfit each day. I just don't have time for that. Instead, I will post my pictures weekly (on Wednesdays) like I have been doing anyway.
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger