Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
And now time for another giveaway! If you liked the gray, lime, and orange ruffle necklace better, you have a chance TODAY only to win one! Go to the Dandy Giveaway blog to sign up!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
1- You can enter just because you want to win!This giveaway was originally posted on Facebook- but I found out that it is now against the rules to hold giveaways on Facebook so it has been moved here. The first several comments are all from me just reentering those who had already entered the contest on Facebook.
2...- Make a second comment if you facebook, blog, tweet, email, text, tell or somehow promote either my shop or this giveaway (and tell how you did it).
3- Make a 3rd comment if you have ever purchased something from Yellowblackbird or do purchase something during the time of the giveaway.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm MST on Monday, November 30th. The winner will be chosen by random.org on Tuesday morning.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
The necklaces come in just 4 colors right now, but more will be added soon. They vary in chain style and length. A few even have added beads. If you like one of the fabrics, but want a different chain, please contact me (either by commenting here or sending me a convo on Etsy) and we will see what we can do to make you the perfect necklace! I would also love to make you your own custom necklace by color or your fabric choice!
These necklaces are such a bargain too! My basic bib ruffle will be introduced at $12 for the 2009 holiday season. If you check the Internet for similar products, you will find very few; but those you do find can range from $40 to $250!
What a great gift idea! Even if the necklaces aren't your style, they are such great, unique gifts. I have worn a couple to the jr. high school where I teach and many girls there loved them!
These photos are just some of the necklaces that are avaible. (The pink one is Amy Butler fabric by the way!) Please check my shop for the full available selection! http://www.yellowblackbird.etsy.com/
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- 3 cups peeled, diced butternut squash (about 1 small squash)
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrot (4 medium)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced leek or chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- Crème fra��che or dairy sour cream (optional)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
1. In a large covered saucepan cook squash, carrot, and leek in hot butter over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
2. Place one-third of the squash mixture in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth. Repeat with remaining squash mixture. Return all of mixture to saucepan. Add white pepper and nutmeg; bring just to boiling. Add half-and-half; heat through. If desired, garnish each serving with crème fra��che, pumpkin seeds, and/or fresh tarragon.
3. Makes 6 servings (6 cups)
It's very healthy (only 80 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving). Here's the link: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/soups/butternut-squash-and-carrot-soup/
Check out 3of4clothing!
I am selling very well lately. I have two custom orders just in the past week. Please contact me if you would like something similar to a sold item, earrings to match a necklace, or anything else!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
On Tuesday December 1st I will be featured on http://dandygiveaway.blogspot.com
This feature will include a special giveaway! You will have a chance to leave a comment on the blog and win a necklace from Yellowblackbird!
I am very excited!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
My first heart came from Meltemsem
This shop is based in Turkey. I love this ring!
Number 2 heart came from my Mom. She doesn't have a shop but she loves me! Thanks mom!
The next shop featured is BeadCouturebySteph http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7609272
This shop features jewelry and hair accessories. Look at these cute bobby pins!
Next is Mimirob /www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6402074
This shop features clothing for dolls and bears. This is a really cute outfit:
Last, in my first five heart list is dreamy1: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=93300
I can't get over how cool this soap is!
Thanks for being early supporters of my shop! Readers, please check out these cool shops!