Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wedding Jewelry

Hey, it's been awhile. Sorry, I just needed a break. I was blogging too much. Well, not actually writing my blog, but looking at everyone else's blogs too much. It was kind of nice to take a week off. But now I am back and I get to show you the beautiful wedding jewelry I made for my friend Emily.

Emily and I used to be really close, but then I did some really dumb stuff that messed up our friendship. It was so great to connect with her again and be able to do something for her.


Her wedding colors are pink and gray and she wanted all gray accessories for her white wedding dress. First, I made this cuff. Can you tell that it's made out of a paper towel holder? I got the idea from Paige over at Pink Lemonade. I covered it with fabric, then used felt to cover up the raw edges on the back. I tried and tried to sew them but it didn't work out so I went with the felt option. I made the flower by cutting a lot of circles from gray tulle and some other kind of light fabric. I folded each circle into fourths and stitched them all together. I added some beads to the center and two long ribbons to tie it on her wrist.


These bracelets are simple, but together I think they make a big impact. I love the colors.

The wedding dress came with a gray belt but we thought it needed something more. I made a flower (just like the ones on my blooming sash belts) and put a pin on the back of it so she could attach it to the dress.


I am really happy with how it all turned out. I hope Emily likes it too!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger