Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Birthday Party

A couple of weeks ago my aunt and I threw a birthday party for my mom's big 5-0 birthday. I made all of the decorations- pinwheels, paper medallions, tissue paper puffs and flowers, banners, and garlands. It was such a fun project! We chose to use pink, orange, yellow, green and blue in patterns of dots and stripes.


My aunt set up this darling candy station next to the door so guests could take their party favor on the way out. The candy colors all matched the party scheme.

The boxes on the left were for the guests to fill with their candy.

As guests walked back into the kitchen/family room area, they was a little book for them to sign and leave a birthday wish for the guest of honor.

I made this polka dot garland using my Silhouette Cameo. My aunt found the matching balloons.

The house then opens up into this nice kitchen/dining area where we set up the tables. Some of chairs were missing in this shot, but we provided plenty of chairs.

I made this banner with the Silhouette cameo too. If you need a tutorial on how to make the paper medallions (attached to the stone) I wrote one last year at this link.
Here are a couple of close up shots of the pinwheels. I was able to find a lot of cute paper.



I made this garland similar to the scrappy bird garland by cutting out the shapes and sewing them together using the machine. We strung it between the lights and it was the perfect length!



Here's a few shots of the delicious food!


My little brother, me, my mom

Happy birthday Mom! I hope you had a wonderful party. A big thanks to Aunt Lisa for hosting and doing the food and giving me the opportunity to this!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger