Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Adventurous Weekend

On Saturday I referred to the adventurous weekend we were having. It was fall break, which meant that husband and I had Thursday and Friday off. We took our car in to be looked at. It has been having problems and we have been trying to sell it too. We found out that it was going to be over $2000 to fix. My poor little '03 Alero just wasn't worth it. Instead we decided to buy a new car. You have to know, we don't take a lot of time to make big choices. I picked the first wedding dress I tried on, Spencer looked at one engagement ring, and we only walked through 4 houses before we bought. We didn't want to spend a lot of time on this car shopping thing. Besides, we had a weekend getaway Friday/Saturday and didn't want to miss it!

We looked online, found two cars we liked, test drove them both, and bought one. We got this cute little '08 Mazda Tribute. The dealership was only going to offer us $500 for trade in credit on the old car. What a joke! We just replaced the tires and that was around $400 alone! We took it to a company called Low Book Sales and they gave us way more. I was sad. You shouldn't personify a car like that. My poor baby is somewhere all alone! I abandoned her! (It was my first car. I bought it when I was 17!)


We wrote the check and then zipped off to Park City for the weekend.


We planned to get there at lunch time, but with the car issue we didn't get up there until 4:00. We went to the Olympic Park and walked through the museums. I have a serious fetish for Olympic pins so it was neat to see their collection.


We went to dinner to a pizza place called Maxwell's. The pizza only came in one size- 20". It was HUGE. I wish I had taken a photo. And we ate the whole thing!

(Does anyone else have that problem? Sometimes I feel a little funny whipping out the SLR.)

We went back to the hotel and relaxed and watched cable for a couple of hours (I also finished the Pioneer Woman's book). The next morning we went to breakfast at a cute little place on Main Street called the Eating Establishment.



We were STARVING! We usually eat breakfast at 6:00 am so to have it at 10:00 was hard!


We had this delicious freshly squeezed orange juice. It was the best juice I have ever had, but it was $2 just for this little glass so we didn't have much.


We then went to this big white barn called the Big White Barn. : ) We walked through the beautiful fall foliage in the perfect weather to look at scarecrows.


Before we went home, husband let me stop at the outlets. I bought a couple of shirts. You can see one of them if you come back tomorrow...

That night we had a Halloween party with a few friends but I can't post photos because I can't reveal my Halloween costume yet.


On another note... YBB is getting a new look! The makeover will be revealed pretty soon. It is being designed by the Creative B, who is a sponsor of this blog. Did you see the button over there ---->? Did you click on it yet?? She is having a sale right now so go take advantage!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger