Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Monday, November 21, 2011

Coat Closet: Organized

We have been on an organizing frenzy at our house lately. I am much more inclined to clean this time of year instead of the spring. I want my home clean for the holidays and if I am going to be cooped up inside all winter, I don't want to be in a mess!

One of the projects I did on Saturday was organize the coat closet since I am now using it every day. We had all of the mittens, gloves, scarves, and hats in a plastic tub in the top of closet. Any time we needed something we had to stir through the mess, and it was particularly hard when short on time in the morning.


My solution to this problem was to buy an over the door shoe organizer. I got one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. With the 20% off coupon that always comes in the mail it was only about $12. Sooooo worth it!


All of the gloves and mittens have their mate, and everything is easy to see. I have only been using it for two days but it has been so helpful to find the right color of gloves and just go!


If your winter gear is in need of an overhaul, I would highly recommend this method! I just love looking at it! All the neatly organized bright colors just make me happy (including my red rain boots!) AND I have more space in the top of the closet now!

In case you are wondering... yes, I will be doing a Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale this weekend for all items in my Etsy shop. There will be percents off and even free gifts for the early birds! Come back late Thursday night to be the first in line!

 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger