Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Living Room Makeover

My Internet was down and I missed What I Wore Wednesday. Rather than do it late, I will just save the outfit pics until next Wednesday.



Today I am going to share with you my living room makeover. It has been 2 years in the process and now it is 100% done!



The previous owners had decorated the room like this:

Not only was it not my style, but we wanted to make our house OUR house. I didn't want to feel that I had moved into someone else's home.





We started by painting the walls a light tan color and replacing the carpet. We added our furniture and decor. Several months later we added the orange wall (LOVE it!) and the tile entry way.



This summer we changed up some of the decor, starting with this wall collage.




I love how it turned out. I cut papers the same sizes as the frames and hung them on the wall with painter's tape to make sure I liked the arrangement before putting nail holes in the wall. I took a picture of this process but I can't find it, sorry.





This is what it looks like over the couch. Before it was just the mirror, the large painting, and a wreath. This really adds some color to the room and makes it a little more modern.




All of the photos (besides the wedding ones, of course) were taken by me.




The frames are all cheap ones from Walmart and I shopped around for deals on matching art.




I really love the orange wall.



Orange and green were our wedding colors so I used them for decorating colors too. I was able to reuse many things including the beautiful floral arrangement below.



I bought this corner shelf at Ikea for pretty cheap (I think $20 but I am not sure).





The end table is also from Ikea ($20- we also have 2 for nightstands in the bedroom).

The couch is a hand-me-down from my grandma. When we first got it we put a slipcover on that matched the other couch. I took it off to wash it and decided we liked the whimsy the uncovered couch added to the room. What do you think?







How could I forget the tile? All carpet and tile work done by my husband. His family owns a flooring company. If you are in the Utah or Salt Lake county areas and are in need of some floor work or repair let me know I will get you his contact info! (I will be showing a wood floor and bathroom tile floor soon, too!)




If you have been thinking of going bold with the paint- DO IT! You can always paint over it if you want. I LOVE it. Click HERE to see my bright red retro family room!


Have a great day!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger