Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of Summer Food

I love eating this time of year. All of the fresh vegetables available make for some good eats! A couple of weeks ago we had some yummy pizzas using fresh veggies out of our garden (and some canned ones too).


We make our pizzas on pita bread with some bottled pizza sauce, and a few kind of cheese.

We put fresh squash and tomatoes from our garden on our pizzas, along with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and pepperoni for husband.


This is an easy meal to cook because you don't have to turn on the oven if you have a toaster oven. We heat it to 400 degrees and bake until the cheese is melted.


My pizza.... delish!


Husband's pizza.. slightly less healthy looking but great nonetheless!


Our pizzas were also served with a wide variety of fresh fruits and veggies. Nothing makes my heart sing more than a fridge full of healthy food. Sometimes we have a really hard time resisting the treats so it's gratifying to know that husband and I ate all that healthy food, and that I have refilled the tray several time since.

Last night I made the first soup of the season! I used the garden tomatoes that I bottled with my mom last weekend, garden squash, pasta, white beans, spices and it was AMAZING. Bottling the tomatoes was so much fun. I felt so domestic... so 1940s victory garden. : )

My parents have an orchard behind their backyard. I have been enjoying the freshly picked strawberries and raspberries. Yum yum!

What's your favorite thing to eat this time of year?
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger