Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Monday, April 12, 2010

True Bargain Shopping

Why is it that "bargain shopping" articles and TV segments always feature expensive clothes?

A couple of days ago I was watching a local morning show on this very topic. They were featuring "bargain" capris and shorts for the low low price of $45. Are you kidding me? $45 is bargain price for a pair of little denim shorts?

Another day this past week I was reading a magazine article in which the author was promoting a tote bag that could fit all her personal and mommy items so it was nice and large. Only set her back $99. Woah! I could find bag just like it at Target for no more than $25.

Why don't they feature deals like these? (All my true stories)

-A pair of Adidas running shoes for $15 on clearance at Kohl's.
-A cute red Candies purse for $9 at Kohl's.
-This shirt that I refashioned from Old Navy for a total of $5.
-The $.97 layering tanks at Old Navy right now.
-The amazing $8 necklaces from Charlotte-Russe (I would link there but they aren't available online anymore).
-A couple of months ago there was a buy 4 get 1 free sale at Down East Basics. I bought four layering tees and got a free necklace!
-The shoes I got for my wedding (pretty white, flat sandles) from Payless for $4. FOUR- DOLLARS. That's right folks, my wedding shoes were only $4 and I am proud of it!



-Or just last Friday the buy-one-get-one-for-a-penny sale at Wet Seal where I got 2 shirts for $14. Then, I bought another shirt at Forever 21 with a gift card so I paid $2 for it. That's 3 shirts for $16.

Now THAT'S what I call bargain shopping!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger